Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Exciting News!

We are expecting!!!  I'm so happy to announce that I will be working on a Me-Made Maternity for the next few months.

I'm now just over 12 weeks prego and we've started telling everyone (our families already knew for a few weeks now...).  I also recently got a part-time job in an office environment an now that I'm gaining inches (but not weight - weird) I am in need of some new bottoms.  Luckily I used to be about 20 lbs heavier, and even luckier still I kept some clothing from that time.  So I should be good for a little while, hopefully another month or so... by then I won't be able to keep it a secret at work!

Maternity clothes are ridiculously expensive, and since I am now sewing at a decent level, I figure I could probably make most of my own maternity clothes from scratch or by altering thrift store finds.  I made this set and this one on Polyvore of maternity outfits that I want to try and make.

I will also be posting lots of how-to's and DIY projects for baby things - I am a frugal lady, but I like nice things - especially if I don't have to pay top dollar for them!

All in all, we are so excited for the upcoming addition to our family (due January 2012) but I would be remiss if I didn't mention that this is not our first pregnancy... Initially I wasn't going to post anything, but I figured that since 1 in 5 women will have a miscarriage at some point, it's nice to show support for others who might be going through the same thing.  Bottom line: it sucks.  It is shitty and awful and totally unfair.  But it is important to remember that it is not your fault and that things do happen for a reason.  

So go ahead: grieve and cry your eyes out because it's only natural.  I have never cried so hard in my entire life and did so for several weeks.  It still makes me sad to think about it, even though I now have another little one growing inside.  I am utterly terrified that this pregnancy will not carry to full-term, but I am trying to stay positive and know in my heart that everything will be all right this time.

I heard this song by Xavier Rudd just as I was starting to come around after weeks of being in a really dark place.  I hope it brings you some comfort, or at least that you enjoy the beautiful music of Mr Rudd.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Caramia
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mia! These are great news, gongratulations on the pregnancy! We have one child already, and wish for a second one... I hope everything will be fine for you this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your kind words Janul! I wish you good luck for your second child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I sincerely hope all will be well this time. I had a miscarriage scare with my second pregnancy and it was awful!

    When I was pregnant the first time I didn't realize you weren't "supposed" to tell everyone right away. But as a friend of mine put it early in her own pregnancy---"I want this baby, so why would I hide it? If I lose it, I'm going to mourn it, and why should I hide that, either?"

    Good luck with the maternity sewing! I wasn't sewing much when I was pregnant and had babies, so I have no advice ;).

    ReplyDelete