Sunday, February 6, 2011

An Ode to Newfoundland...

I'm sure I've mentioned before that my very best friend lives on the complete OPPOSITE side of the country from me.  And Canada is a very large country.  She is getting married this summer and I am hoping very much to be able to go out to Newfoundland for her wedding.  In case you have never been to (or heard of) Newfoundland, it is a breathtakingly beautiful island province on the very east coast of Canada.  Cape Spear (just outside the capital city of St John's) is the most eastern point in all of North America.  The next stop on your eastward travels would be Ireland (incidentally where a large percentage of Newfoundlanders trace their ancestry back to).  A fact you can easily hear in the speech of the fine folks of Newfoundland.

So without further ado, here is a fantastic song from the band Hey Rosetta from St John's, NF.  Enjoy!


Crepe Sew-Along update: photos have been posted at Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment